Thursday, November 6, 2014

Do You Write Blog?

Creating a blog is not difficult, but it can be frustrating. I suppose I have been writing this blog as a form a creating some cathartic energy to keep me functioning in life. Maybe that's a bit of exaggeration. However, writing herein has certainly been a means for me to write as I please and not be daunted by worries of making it 'work'.
 
When I was asked the other day, "Do you write blog?" I immediately said yes. At first I thought it was a poor choice of grammar, but the term 'blog' can be used interchangeably with 'blog posts'. Just as if asked, "Do you write poetry?" or short stories or music.

Do I write blog? Do I speak blog? Yes. So I thought that maybe I shouldn't limit my online endeavors to other-than-personal blogs. Why not go ahead and monetize my personal bloggings and add to the building funds of non-traditional works?

Many may feel that a blog should not be monetized if the site is not specific to a product or sellable feature.Even so, there is no reason at all that a good site can't monetize. My intention to stay true to myself within Visually Verbal will remain, but it can be done with the addition of specialized reviews, links, etc. Therefore, my blog-speak will begin utilizing relevant links that may be helpful to others while helping myself.

Trust me, there will be no overloading so as to offend my readers. I absolutely abhor sites that keyword stuff or hyperlink words in every paragraph. It's very distracting for one thing. Mostly, I think it's just plain rude and should be avoided at all cost.

Mostly, I write here to release the Krackan, but also to share bytes of life. In essence, I want to create a more interesting, thought-provoking and interactive site that welcomes readers to comment and share. That being said, I've just committed to creating more work for myself...

<sigh>

This is the next logical step to pursuing a living online. I've eeked out a few hundred dollars a month thus far, but one of my goals is to create a 4-figure/month income within the next 6 months. So, do I write blog? Yep, and I will work towards being the best knowing I will probably never make that status.

It's only with effort that we progress and having set a goal I must now work to achieve it. Do you write blog? If so, how goes it? Do you monetize or write for fun?

No matter if you use blogger or wordpress, you can monetize your blog. One of the best places to walk you through the process is at a site called Wealthy Affiliate. Check them out. I've been with them for years and never stop learning as the site is currently adding new content information.

Let me know how it goes! I'm really interested in hearing your story;)

Peace out,
Lisa



4 comments:

  1. Wondering how to post comments has been a problem so I'm trying it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting article. I find it very personal which is refreshing. When I started my journey and finally got a site up, hitting that publish button was the hardest part for me. Till this day I get hesitant to hit that publish button. You're probably wondering what I'm trying to get at, well what I mean is that action is the beginning to monetizing a blog. By taking action a person is building that platform to get where they need to go. The place called Wealthy Affiliate is a great place that teaches not just about building a blog but marketing it and monetizing it. Thanks for your wonderful article. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Evelyn! I understand about the stress over hitting the publish button. It used to very difficult. Now, not so much. I figure...what the hell? Give it a shot. Somebody may read. Some will like. Some will not. Either way it's a step forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, commenting as Google Account didn't work, so I will try Unknown(Google Account) to see if that goes through, Peggy

    ReplyDelete