Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It Begins Again


When you think all hope is gone for the chance of spending the rest of your life with someone, it happens...the hope is renewed and love begins again.

Though I went in search of a mate almost immediately after my ex-husband asked for a divorce, I didn't think it possible that I would find the perfect one so soon. Don't be mistaken, I didn't think we would ever get married until, two and a half years later, he proposed. Well, in his way. I believe the exact words were, "So, I think we should talk about getting married." I said okay and the next day he says we should think about getting me a ring. I said, "Were you actually going to propose?" And he said, "I thought I did!"

So there it is and 2 1/2 months later we married, 10/12/13!

We wrote our own vows and they were perfect. Even though we did not know what each other wrote until that day, we each had written about being in search of the other for so long. I would love to share some of the words with you here, but I must get my husband's, Frank's, permission. They are personal so it would only be fair, right?

Let's just say his began with, "Hey, where have you been? I've needed you for such a very long time." And mine began with, "Oh, my love. I have waited...waited for this moment the whole of my life."

I thought that was so romantic that we had both come to this point of being together after looking for such a long time!

Even the preacher began his sermon with, "To this point they have each walked a path fraught with trials and testings that has brought them to this confluence of love and understanding."

All of our words, mine, Frank's and the preachers flowed so well together even though none had knowledge of what the other wrote. Wait. No. That's not right...the preacher had our vows in advance and wrote accordingly. Ah well! It's still a good story and all did go together perfectly.

The ceremony was awesome! Frank and I planned a couple antics that really threw our guests (and the best man) for a loop. Stay tuned for that post soon including video clips!

Next in this little mini-series:  More On The Nups

1 comment:

  1. That's good you found someone to spend your life with.

    ReplyDelete